Come and enjoy UNCP’s recreation center known as the Hawks Nest. Located on the first floor of the University Center, take advantage of our eight bowling lanes, six billiards tables, five HD video gaming TV’s, two ping pong tables, foosball, or just hang out and watch your favorite sports team with friends and family. The Hawks Nest also provides chess, board and card games which are all free of charge with the verification of a valid Braves ID. While UNCP students, faculty, and staff receive first priority usage of the facility, the Hawks Nest is open and welcoming to all visiting guest. Reservations can be made by calling the Recreation Center Manager at 910.521.6609. Reservations must be made in advance for the request to be eligible for negotiable prices. Children of ages 12 years old and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – Midnight
- Saturday 3:00 p.m. – Midnight
- Sunday 3:00 p.m. – Midnight
Billiards, ping pong, foosball, bowling and video gaming equipment may be rented from the check-out center inside the Hawks Nest. Individuals may supply their own equipment with the purchase of a billiards table or bowling lane fee. Self-owned gaming consoles and video games may be used in conjunction with the Hawks Nest’s HDTV’s free of charge with the verification of the user’s valid Braves ID.
HAWKS NEST PRICES:
Campus Rates (individual)
Student Bowling: $1.50 per game (plus shoe rental)
Student Pool: $3 per hour
Faculty/Staff Bowling: $1.75 per game (plus shoe rental)
Faculty/Staff Pool: $3.50 per hour
Community Rates (individual)
Bowling before 6PM: $3.25 per game (plus shoe rental)
Bowling after 6PM: $4.25 per game (plus shoe rental)
Community Pool: $4 per hour
- Gaming Console: $3.00 per hour
- Video Game: $1.50 per hour
- HDTV: $1.00 per hour (free with valid Braves ID)
- Ping Pong: $1 per hour
- Foosball: $2 per hour
- Shoe Rentals: $2.25 ($1.00 with valid Braves ID)
- Socks: $1.00
Facility Rates for Groups
- (Bowling area, Billiards & Gaming area)
UNCP Clubs/Organizations: $75 per hour
UNCP Departments: $100 per hour
Non-affiliated Organizations/Community Groups: $150 per hour
Non-Profit/Civic Groups (Church, School, etc): $125 per hour
**Bowling Student Group/Org Rate: $10 per lane per hour (plus shoe rental)
**Bowling Non-Student Rate: $20 per lane per hour (plus shoe rental)
**Birthday Bowling: $20 per lane + free shoes + optional private room rate
**Must have 8 or more people
- The bowling lanes are located inside the Hawks Nest. The Hawks Nest bowling lanes feature automatic scorers, bumpers, and black-light bowling! Intramural bowling and bowling classes have priority in using the bowling lanes. Recreational-recognized campus bowling organizations can reserve, in advance, the Hawks Nest’s products and services. Lanes are available to residence halls, departments, youth camps, public schools community support groups, etc. For reservations contact the Recreation Center Manager Andrew Brayboy at 910.521.6609.
- The Hawk’s Nest sponsors several promotions each year for faculty, staff and students, including ping pong, bowling, and billiards tournaments, recreational bowling including intramurals and mini leagues. Free play is offered several times a year through the Association of Campus Entertainment and as part of special events such as homecoming week.
- For general questions call the Hawks Nest at 910.521.6544 or email us at email@example.com.
- For additional information, questions and/or concerns, or for reservation request contact the Recreation Center Manager Andrew Brayboy at 910.521.6609, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.